[Newbies] Installing Rio on Win32

kmr1642 kmr1642 at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 00:25:30 UTC 2009

Hi Keith,

I can't find it in Universes. BTW is there a way
to get a list of all package names in Universes
and what categories they are in?

I tried assembling Rio piecemeal from squeaksource
like this:

Installer mantis ensureFix: 7219.
Installer ss project: 'Rio';
	install: 'Rio-Kernel';
	install: 'Rio-Grande';
	install: 'Kernel-Extensions';
	install: 'Rio-Test';
	install: 'Rio-Debug';
	yourself.

the Installer doits seem to work OK. But when
I tried the following test doits

 'myFile.txt' asFile
 Cwd / 'myFile.txt'
 Directory / 'myFile.txt'
 File new:'myFile.txt'

I get a variety of errorslike
	asFile 		notUnderstood
	#newRioFrom: 	notUnderstood

The killer problem is that, after saving the image and restarting,
the entire image freezes solid (no Cmd-. interrupt) while attempting:

	RioLocalExecutive class startUp:

Thanks,

Michael