[Newbies] SlideMorph Project

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Wed May 20 22:14:46 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 5/19/09, Vincent AUGEROT <vincent.augerot at hotmail.fr> wrote:

> From: Vincent AUGEROT <vincent.augerot at hotmail.fr>
> Subject: [Newbies] SlideMorph Project
> To: beginners at lists.squeakfoundation.org
> Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 7:15 AM

> Dear Squeak fondation,
>
> I am actually working on the SlideMorph project
What is the SlideMorph project?

Who else is doing it?

> and my
> purpose is to custom the application in order to have the
> possibility to hide a slide.

I have been working on a similar type project. My goal was to implement more fully the Gif98A spec.

What I found was that I needed a morph to emulate the gifs virtual screen and to control the display of the individual images.
What I wound up with was a variant of image morph that had a
#step method which  waited for a timer to time out then hid a submorph and showed the next. The hiding and showing I encapsulated in a #singleStep method so that I could also choose to manually (via menu command) go from one morph to the other.

So for your purposes you would need each slide to be a morph.
Embed all the morphs into the virtual screen morph which would be either transparent or a background color. The create the singlestep and step methods.

All morphs respond to #hide and #show.
All objects respond to #stepTime. I used the steptime of each submorph to determine how long between singleSteps.

Hth,