[Newbies] CR and LF in Text files

jowen worden.john at gmail.com
Sun May 24 07:44:50 UTC 2009

I have a simple list of items in a text file with "Enter" separating.  When I
read them into a Set the first item in the list is picked up differently to
later occurrences of the same thing.  Hence, one too many items in the
"Set".  Inspecting shows that later items are proceeded by a linefeed
character which is why they end up different to the Set than the first.
What am I doing wrong?  The same thing works fine in VisualWorks.  Thanks.