[Newbies] OrderedCollection if imageMorphs

Christine Wolfe cwdw01 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 7 15:28:54 UTC 2009

I want to put add an imageMorph on top of another imageMorph.

I can do this with the following method (note SymbolBlank is an imageMorph

im := SymbolBlank new.

self addMorph: im.

im topLeft: 2 at 2.

I want to enhance this so I can choose one of a collection of imageMorphs to

I created a class, SymbolArray, that is a subclass of OrderedCollection with
the following initialize method. Each of the items I'm adding (SymbolBlank,
SymbolGet, etc) is an imageMorph.

super initialize.

self add: SymbolBlank new.

self add: SymbolGet new.

self add: SymbolProcess new.

self add: SymbolPut new.

self add: SymbolIf new.

self add: SymbolWhile new.

Then I tried to modify the addSymbol method as show below.

When I do, I get the following error message which sounds like I don't have
an element at index 1.

| sa si |

sa := SymbolArray new.

si := sa at: 1.

self addMorph: si.

si topLeft:  2 at 2.

I hope someone can help me figure out how to accomplish what I want to do.