[Newbies] HTTP encoding into UTF8

Stephane Schitter stephane.schitter at free.fr
Mon Nov 16 22:04:49 UTC 2009

I am playing around with squeak to connect to webservices and I run into issues very early in the process.
Something to do with url encoding.  Is there any reason the following code:

	'aa aa éé aa aa' encodeForHTTP

would generate this:

where "space" is correctly set to %20 before the 'é' gets converted, but then becomes %20%A9 afterwards. As if the %A9 of my 'é' stays in the buffer and breaks my encoding of space character.

Any help would be appreciated I am not even dealing with XML processing of the reply for webservice as I cannot get the query going :)