[Newbies] Drag and dropped jpg (playing cards) - how to put in the "new morph" menu and create a PlayingCard class?

Mike Stramba mikestramba at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 06:29:53 UTC 2009

I'm runninng squeak 3.10.2 on windows XP.

If I drag and drop a jpg onto Squeak, it creates a SketchMorph.

Specficially, I'm adding a playing card image, well 52 of them, and
I'd like to be able to add a card from the world menu / new morph
menu.

I'd also like to create a PlayingCard class, that uses the dropped jpg.

At the moment I'm doing it the "hard way", after dropping the jpg, I'm
digging through system dictionary, digging out the world objects, and
"drilling down" to the dropped object.

Any tips, info appreciated.

Mike