[Newbies] make own sublcass from sketchmorph

mstram mikestramba at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 08:50:17 UTC 2009

(I tried to reply to my "Drag and dropped jpg (playing cards) - how to put in
the "new morph" menu and create a PlayingCard class? " thread, but the forum
software isn't letting me).

After drag/ dropping a .jpg filename onto the squeak interface, and getting
a SketchMorph, I tried using the tools menu / "Make Own Subclass".

E.g. I name the subclass "Card2c".

In a workspace I enter 'Card2c new openInWorld'.

The  new sketchmorph does appear, but it's graphic is the "paint palette"
icon, instead of the original image. (the 2clubs playing card).

What step am I missing?