[Newbies] hello

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 15:31:52 UTC 2009

Max,

Steph's book is a nice way to learn programming. I'm actually using his bots
environment as part of a presentation I'm doing this coming Saturday at the
Iowa Code Camp in Des Moines.

Steph has a great list of free Smalltalk books on his site. On that is a
little dated but is an excellent read is known as the NuBlue book by Mark
Guzdial:

http://www.amazon.com/Squeak-Open-Personal-Computing-Multimedia/dp/0130280917

You can actually review a draft of the chapters of that book from Steph's
site. There is one chapter in particular by Bijian Parsia, Lex Spoon (of
Programming Scala fame), and Bolot Kerimbaev:

http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/squeakbook/uploads/parsia.pdf

Good luck

--David
http://www.withaguide.com