[Newbies] Re: Programmatically simulating drag and drop

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Tue Apr 6 17:41:10 UTC 2010

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> How about this?
>
> 	droppedMorph formerPosition: 50 at 50.	"to test rejecting"
> 	ActiveHand
> 		position: targetMorph center;
> 		attachMorph: droppedMorph;
> 		dropMorphs

Right on the money!  I was doing the ActiveHand>>position: by itself in a
workspace, and the cursor does not get updated, so I thought it wasn't
working (need a fresh pair of eyes!).  When I did the drop immediately
after, everything worked great.  Thanks again :)

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Your best bet would be to subclass HandMorph similar to HandMorphForReplay
> or RemoteHandMorph.

Great idea - kind of like living documentation?!

Sean