[Newbies] How to sort a SortedCollection like you can sort a table in Excel?

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 14:13:24 UTC 2010

Hi -

If I had a SortedCollection of rectangular solid objects (that just have
the ivars height, width, depth), how could I sort it by height, then
width, then depth?

So three object:

A) h: 10, w: 5, d: 3
B) h: 60, w: 2, d: 14
C) h: 10, w: 3, d: 27

And then after sorting they'd be in this order:

B) h: 60, w: 2, d: 14
A) h: 10, w: 5, d: 3
C) h: 10, w: 3, d: 27

First sorted by height, then by width, then by depth.

Is there a way to do that using just a #sortBlock:

My only other approach would be to make a Set of the heights, sort that,
then #select: a collection for each height, sort that by weight, then
for each height make a Set of weights etc...

Thanks

Paul