[Newbies] Re: Traits Browser

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Apr 16 03:10:23 UTC 2010

On 4/15/2010 7:58 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> I have read all about Traits and I'm eager to try them out, but the default
> browser (Squeak4.1-9885-beta) doesn't seem to be aware of them - what am I
> missing?  What are developers using traits using?

What level of "awareness" are you looking for? There's no special
support required to use or define traits. I think OmniBrowser might have
some highlighting for traits methods so you could try installing it and
see if that suits your awareness needs.

Me, I stay away from multiple (implementation) inheritance. In my
experience, multiple inheritance creates more problems than it solves.
Good luck.

Cheers,
   - Andreas