[Newbies] [4.1] How do I change the screen background?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Apr 21 23:39:32 UTC 2010

On 22.04.2010, at 01:22, Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> Hello
>
> How do I change the screen background?
>
> I was searching for
>    'background'
>    'screen'
>    'world'
> in the preferences browser but did not find anything.
>
> Nothing in the 'Extras' menu either.

* from the world menu, choose "appearance..."

or

* drop an image into Squeak, form its halo menu button choose "set as background"

or

* bring up the world's halo, click the pink "change color" handle

or

* shift-click the halo's pink "change color" handle, edit the property sheet

or

* click the halo's gray "paint background" handle, draw something nice

or

* from the red menu button in the halo, choose "fill style"

> So it must be a code snippet, which one?

Well, that works too :)

But you could also paint a little dot, and create a simple script by drag-and-drop to paint nice patterns: