[Newbies] Camera plugins was Re: Video Media in Squeak

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Thu Apr 22 16:11:07 UTC 2010

Derek O'Connell  wrote:

> Both the "Scratch" plugin and the "Camera" plugin are open source and can be
> used in commercial app's AFAIK. You can get the source from:
>
> http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Source_Code

I think we have crossed wires between yours and my understanding of
the phrase "open source".  That page says: "The Scratch source code
license allows you to distribute derivative works based on the Scratch
source code for non-commercial uses subject to the following
restrictions ..."

The Squeak license, and the Open Source definition are much more
liberal than that.  For example, they allow a company or foundation to
pre-load software on a device and sell it.  But as Bert said, we have
John Maloney's letter that opens up the plugins:
http://tracker.squeakland.org/secure/attachment/13870/ScratchPlugin-Permission.txt