[Newbies] Adding method to Smallinteger class

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 12:26:36 UTC 2010

OK, Bert is having a little fun. Certainly good to learn that self is the
default value.

But I wouldn't think of this as idiomatic smalltalk style.

I would prefer to follow "Interesting Return Value" [Beck]. I also factored
out the return, since that is the same in both branches.

larger: anInteger
       ^ self > anInteger
               ifTrue: [self]
               ifFalse: [anInteger]