[Newbies] Re: Getting directory path?

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Fri Dec 3 21:34:04 UTC 2010

Kouma wrote:

> manager addNewPath: self fullName asText.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to do.  What is manager here?  Where
do you actually try to attempt to use the path?  I think you'll need to post
more context i.e. specific code that hits the core classes.

If you're not sure what #fullName returns, as I think you meant in your OP,
put a halt in and step through the debugger, or "printIt" from a workspace.

A great place to start for the basics is the free online book "Squeak By
Example."  That will get you familiar with the basic tools so you can start
to figure out what's going on.

Cheers,
Sean