[Newbies] loading Shout into trunk?

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Wed Dec 8 23:56:47 UTC 2010

At 12:07 AM +0100 12/9/10, Levente Uzonyi apparently wrote:
>On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Ken G. Brown wrote:
>
>>Thx.
>>I'm wondering if there might be some way for the syntax highlighting to be made to reset itself instead of giving up completely after a syntax error and everything after that doesn't work at all?
>>eg. the quote character? The double quote character should either be the beginning or end of a comment.
>>
>>I suppose it's more complicated than that.
>
>It's more complicated. But why don't you put your text into a comment? Actually that's what comments are for in the language.

Correct, however...
I'm thinking of the case where I have a bunch of snippets in a Workspace, some of which would not work as pasted and therefore cause a syntax error but I still want to leave them as code and maybe later fix the syntax, or use the coloring to see where the syntax error might be occurring in the snippet.
The first syntax error seems to mess syntax highlighting up forever more after the first error i the Workspace. I would like stuff that is actually commented out farther on to to keep showing as comments, even tho there is a syntax error in some code above on the page.

Or the case where there was that invisible char as first char on the page and the commented section immediately after did not show as a comment color.
It seems to me that the syntax checker could reset at the next double quote after a syntax error since that must be the start of an actual comment because there would never be an actual syntax error inside a quoted section... Yes?

Ken