[Newbies] Two Questions Search and ORM

Sayth Renshaw flebber.crue at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 13:23:54 UTC 2010

First question, where is the best place to search this mailing list. I know
the question I am about to ask has been asked before but I can't seem to
find a link in the mailing list to use search from?

How much of this article from 2006 still rings true.
http://onsmalltalk.com/squeak-smalltalk-and-databases
"Relational Databases

So, on to relational databases. Squeak has ODBC support, but it's single
threaded and blocks the VM when querying, so while it works for demos and
low traffic apps against pretty much any database, I wouldn't try anything
too big with it; it just can't scale. Blocking the whole VM, every time you
run a query, just leaves me feeling a bit dirty and not too proud of
whatever I just wrote."

I assume GLORP is dead http://www.glorp.org/ . Obviously the main result
retrieved was seaside and gemstone. I thought Pharo was like seaside until I
read the website tonight http://pharo-project.org/home

Cheers