[Newbies] Modifying world size?

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 03:54:03 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 28 Dec 2010 12:25:59 am Casey Ransberger wrote:
> I'd like to have worlds that are bigger than the screen, wherein the user
> can scroll about using a floating desktop pager, a la Self's demo snapshot.
>
> I've tried changing e.g., the height of the world, but it seems to snap
> right back. Anyone know what's doing that?
World size is derived from the display plugin and then scaled, if necessary.
If you need a larger world, then you will have to intercept calls to primitive
(92?) that gets width/height/depth and then scale it up. You will also need to
program keys to pan World within the display screen. The changes are non-
trivial.

See DisplayScreen class side methods, if you are still curious.

Happy Holidays .. Subbu