[Newbies] Get rid of an object

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Tue Feb 2 00:45:34 UTC 2010

Le Lundi, 1 Février 2010 19:39:06 -0500,
lanas <lanas at securenet.net> a écrit :

>   When creating and testing objects in the Workspace, what is the
> procedure for getting rid of any ?

I noticed that if I create the following and inspect it:

myCar := Car new.
myCar setCompany: 'Renault'.
myCar addEngine: 'Renault V4'.
myCar addDriveTrain: 'Renault DriveTrain'.

myCar will have these variables set.

Now, if I 'do it' once more on the first line the inspect window will
still show the same variables being set.  If I open another inspect
window on myCar I get the new object, without any variables yet set.

So it looks like objects of the same name are considered separate
entities.  I'd have thought that perhaps doing a 'do it' on myCar a
second time would have re-initialized the first existing object.

If I create 25 myCar for various tests, then there'll be 25 myCar
objects laying around in the image ?  How to get rid of them ?

Al