[Newbies] Timer in Morph

Garret Raziel boloomka at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:56:43 UTC 2010

Thanks so much, it just works! And I have another problem, but now I will be
propably more difficult. I have morph that reads values from SerialPort and
on the other end of Serial cabel I have an arduino (AVR microchip). I am
reading values from 0 to 255 on arduino's pin (I have infrared receiver
here) and I am sending them immediately over serial to squeak. Here I am
setting Morph's color to value I have received every 500 steps. I have this
code:

readColor
    | s n |
    n := SerialPort new.
    n baudRate: 9600.
    n openPort: 7.
    s := n readString asInteger.
    Transcript show: s; cr.
    s := s - 46 * (1/60).
    self color: (Color r:s g:s b:s).
    n close.

and it works almost fine. But there is a bug. Time to time I receive only a
part of value, for example I am receiving: 56 55 56 55 5 6 55 ... 102 103
101
103 100 102 1 1 0 102 102. Those one-digit values are truly false and it
looks like the mistake in receiving. How can I synchonize sending and
receiving? Or do I have to use other method of SerialPort? Thanks.