[Newbies] App documentation

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 15:49:13 UTC 2010

> So I was wondering if each of the apps (or at least many) in Squeak
> have their own web site where their developers would put up-front
> documentation about what their apps are doing.  As in most if not all
> Open Source apps.

Careful with the generalizations. A few excellent but well known Open
Source apps (the most that you are referring to) have good
documentation. Same in the Squeak universe. Some of the really
successful projects have good docs (like Seaside and Monticello).

Most open-source projects are essentially unknown and have limited to
no useful documentation. Such is the case with underused projects in
Squeak.