[Newbies] App documentation

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 9 16:11:02 UTC 2010

--- On Mon, 2/8/10, lanas <lanas at securenet.net> wrote:

> From: lanas <lanas at securenet.net>
> Subject: Re: [Newbies] App documentation

> Jer> Mostly its hide and seek ye be playing if its
> documentation your
> Jer> looking for.
>
> ... I try to figure it out.  Since I'm far to know all
> details and
> principles involved in developing in a true object oriented
> environment
> using a true object oriented language, I might spend some
> time there on
> that single option finding about its purpose in life.
>
> So I was wondering if each of the apps (or at least many)
> in Squeak
> have their own web site where their developers would put
> up-front
> documentation about what their apps are doing.  As in
> most if not all
> Open Source apps.

Hmmm. I am wondering that too.

I realized my answer wasn't addressing what you were asking.

I feel a little frustration and also dispair about fielding an answer to your question.

The question itself is partly to blame. I know you have some specific apps in mind because you mentioned the OB browser and its options.

I also know there is no well known index for documentation else the answer would have come easily.

So I have to ask you for help.

1) Can you make us a better question? List a handful of apps you are seeking documentation for. Then

2) What would be the criteria for the documentation being specific for your purposes?

3) How would you expect to find that documentation in the context of what the squeak community provides?

4) Are you willing to contribute some effort to making an enviornment where this documentation is available and can be found within the community?