[Newbies] seaside sushi cart internationalization

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Feb 10 21:52:13 UTC 2010

Hi Van,

VU> 2. Because of all the help, I know how to find classes, which
VU> is great.But in my search for the printStringAsCents I was
VU> wondering how do Ifind messages when I know the message name, but
VU> not the class name? Oris it easy to determine the class name in
VU> some way?

in the right tools flap you find a "message names" and a "method
finder" tool. Message names is your friend here but also read the text
in method finder.

In general, highlight the name of a method anywhere (Workspace,
browser, inspector) and shift right click. There you find implementors
(which classes implement it), senders (where and how is it used)
"selecors containing it" (seek for a method where you only know part of
the name) "method strings with it" (to find literals in methods) and
"method source with it" (slow full text search).

Smalltalk is a lot about tools :-))

Cheers,

Herbert