[Newbies] Re: web api authentication..

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Feb 25 14:09:12 UTC 2010

sergio_101 wrote:
> part of my app requires an authenticated login to last.fm as in:
>
> http://www.last.fm/api/webauth
>
> my question is:
>
> how to i start a browser session in smalltalk to set up the
> authenticated connection, then run through each of the api calls i
> will need to make?

Just as an FYI, I think you're looking at the wrong place. The page
you're referring to states explicitly: "This authentication how-to is
for web applications only. Desktop application developers should see the
desktop application how-to."

A "web application" is one that runs in a browser to begin with so the
question of how to launch a browser for your app isn't really applicable.

But besides that, I think you're looking for the ExternalWebBrowser
package which can be found at SqueakMap:

http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/ExternalWebBrowser

Cheers,
   - Andreas