[Newbies] importing csv files..

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Fri Feb 26 08:01:38 UTC 2010

Hi sergio;

s> where does the documentation for packages usually live?

class comments and less often method comments. Sometimes you find a
method category "Examples" on the class side.

This all is not so in this example. I've looked at it (I wrote
something for tab delimited files myself) and I guess it goes like:

fileStream := StandardFileStream readOnlyFileNamed:  'thePath\theFileToRead' asFileName.
"Use FileStream if you suspect UTF8, it's slower"
fileStream ascii.
arrayFullOfRows := CSVParser parse: fileStream.

All guessed from my code and the code I looked at, so take it with a
grain of salt.

In general, look at class side methods and follow the source of
instance creation methods.

Cheers,

Herbert