[Newbies] Making requests to an HTML server

Cédrick Béler cdrick65 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 13:51:42 UTC 2010

Hi,
you can also have a look at squeak soup [1] which is a tolerant HTML/XML
parser (Squeak port of Beautiful Soup). The code repository is on
squeaksource [2].
hth

[1] http://n4.nabble.com/squeak-dev-ANN-Soup-0-1-tt80191.html#a80191
[2] http://www.squeaksource.com/Soup.html

http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/parsia%202.pdf

> And then I would check out Albatross, which is a Squeak framework for
> testing websites (including exercising Javascript). Here is a PDF
> intro:
> scg.unibe.ch/archive/projects/Brue06a.pdf
>
> Google Squeak Albatross for more info.
>
> --David Mitchell
> blog: http://www.withaguide.com
>
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 8:04 AM, DUFOUR, Stephan (ext.)
> <stephan.dufour.prestataire at sfr.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have several Urls, each giving me a piece of information.
> > I want to write some code that gathers these pieces of information and
make
> > a display of the whole situation.
> >
> > The principle is: I send a request to one URL then parse the result and
make
> > a new request to another URL using the parsed result.
> >
> > I need some code that somehow mimic a human behaviour: it should
> >         1) go to a URL and get the content (easy part)
> >         2) go to a URL and retrieve some session ID then make a more
> > elaborated request (POST, GET, or even trigger some Javascript)
> >
> > Stephan

Cédrick