[Newbies] Making requests to an HTML server

Cédrick Béler cdrick65 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 13:38:47 UTC 2010

not sure I understand correctly but to me you don't need albatross.

With Soup:

        1) go to a URL and get the content (easy part)

soupTag := Soup fromUrl: 'yourUrl.html'.

otherTag := (soup findTagByClass:
'whateverClassNameWhereTheSessionIdBelong').

otherUrlString := (messageSoupTag childAt: 3) attributeAt: 'href'.  "if the
url is in the 3rd child of otherTag"

secondSoupTag := Soup fromUrl: otherUrl.

"or convert as a true URL object that you can change"

url := otherUrlString asUrl.

etc...
hth,

Cédrick