[Newbies] how to delete imported graphics

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jan 14 20:29:00 UTC 2010

On 14.01.2010, at 21:01, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> This is latest trunk on Mac Squeak 64-32 5.3b1.app
>
> I've done a couple of file list/import of jpgs.
> I'm wondering where the jpg's are stored and how do I delete them?
> I can see them from World Menu/help/graphical imports but the menubar menu there does not work.

Here is how I'd go about investigating that:

1) Type "graphical imports" anywhere. Select it. Press Ctrl-Shift-E.
2) in TheWorldMenu>>helpMenu you find { Imports default . #viewImages}
3) inspect "Imports default"
4) inspect "imports" inst var

> And what is the magic incantation to apply one of them to be the background of the Squeak window?

You can find out just the same. E.g., when you select an image in a file list, you can click the "background" button to set it as background. Now you just need to find the code for it: "background for the desktop" is part of its help balloon. Type that, press ctrl-shift-e, follow the implementers chain from #serviceImageAsBackground to #openAsBackground: and there is your "magic incantation". No magic at all ;)

- Bert -