[Newbies] Making squeak hang

Andy Burnett andy.burnett at knowinnovation.com
Thu Mar 18 16:02:46 UTC 2010

Is there something fundamentally wrong with what I am doing, or is this a
bug?

1. Set up a new category 'AB-Test'

2. Subclass RectangleMorph, and add an instance variable 'textReporter'

RectangleMorph subclass: #AbRectangleMorph
instanceVariableNames: 'textReporterThing'
classVariableNames: ''
poolDictionaries: ''
category: 'AB-Test'

3. Create an initialization method in the new class...

initialize
textReporterThing := TextMorph new.
textReporterThing := self bounds asString.

4. Create a new instance and openInWorld

Everything stops responding! I can still close without saving - from the
menu - but all UI stuff stops.  Pressing Apple . doesn't produce a break.

System is OSX 10.6
PharoCore1.0rc1
Latest update: #10505

Cheers