[Newbies] Smalltalk klass dokumentation ?

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Tue May 11 14:30:31 UTC 2010

The hard part is writing the comments. Not the tools. We do have
tools, though...

The "like Javadoc" part is the class comments and method comments.

Click the ? between class and instance for the class you are interested in.

Unlike javadoc, there is no practice of inserting markup into
comments. There is capability of RichText, but I haven't seen anyone
use that since the 1990s. Plain text rules the day.

Like javadoc, people have built extraction tools. Few people use them
and the extracted comments rapidly fall out of date.

Like nearly all documentation, the comments rapidly fall out of date
in Smalltalk too.

You can write new comments and commit them. Search squeak-dev or the
wiki for documentation and you'll see lots of prior projects in this
space.