[OT] Re: [Newbies] Smalltalk klass dokumentation ?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed May 12 03:55:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 06:44:50PM -0700, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Hannes> Coming up with class comments for Squeak is a hard job because it
> Hannes> involves a lot of design recovery.
>
> And that's completely unrelated to the problem at hand.
>
> The original question seems to be "why isn't there javadoc for
> Smalltalk"?

Actually, the original question was this:

  "I wonder if there is any documentation that documents the
  different classes and methods available in Smalltalk. Preferably
  like javadoc in java."

So I think that Hannes' response is exactly right.

But of course you are also right that Smalltalk's embedded tools
are exceptional, and they can also be used to generate documentation
for external viewers such as this particularly cool example:

  http://www.mobilewikiserver.com/SqueakDocs.html

Dave