[Newbies] How do I diff two images?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu May 27 22:43:06 UTC 2010

On 27.05.2010, at 16:34, Clinton Blackmore wrote:
> I have heard of Monticello.  (I may need to re-read the chapter on it in Squeak By Example).  I've used other version control systems, and understand how to use them, but I don't know of any that let you diff source trees that aren't in the same version control system, so I have no reason to expect that Monticello would do that, either.

You could make a single Monticello package with all code in an image, save that, and compare it to the same package in another image. E.g., install the attached file and save the "All" package, you get an MCZ of about 10 MB.

Also, having that allows fun queries:
(PackageInfo named: 'All') linesOfCode

- Bert -