[Newbies] Html Parser

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Oct 9 19:27:44 UTC 2010

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010, Sayth Renshaw wrote:

> I was wondering if there was a html parser for squeak. I want to
> capture data from website and then convert these to xml and export
> into an excel program I have.
>
> Is this possible in squeak?

Yes it is, we are using Soup (http://www.squeaksource.com/Soup.html ) to
parse html files. It's pretty good, though not perfect. There are also 2-3
other html parsers for Squeak. We're using this one because it's designed
to be able to parse not standard compilant html files (which are very
common) The tools for xml building are in the Squeak image, look for
XMLNode and it's subclasses (XMLDocument, XMLNodeWithElements, XMLString,
etc).

Levente