[Newbies] Re: Html Parser

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun Oct 10 02:58:08 UTC 2010

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010, Sayth Renshaw wrote:

> I was trying to follow the guide here
> http://softwareengineering.vazexqi.com/2007/05/26/installing-packages-in-squeak
> install the beautiful soup package. However I cannot locate the Squeakmap
> Package Loader.
>
> I know the menu and interface has been updated since this tutorial(and it
> looks good) but I am looking in the "old desktop menu" but can't locate it.

This package (and all packages on squeaksource.com can be installed with
the Monticello Browser or with Installer. If you're using Squeak 4.1 or
4.2 alpha, then you can open Monticello Browser from the Tools menu of the
Docking Bar (on the top of the screen). If you're using an earlier
version of Squeak, then open the desktop menu, select Open... then select
Monticello Browser (btw the SqueakMap Package Loader can also be found in
this menu).

If the Monticello Browser is open, then add the repository of Soup and
load the latest version. If you never used the Monticello Browser, then
you'll find this link useful (the images are a bit outdated, but this part
seems to be ok): http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/43#Opening%20a%20Repository

If you want to use Installer to install this package, then evaluate the
following in a workspace:

Installer squeaksource
 	project: 'Soup';
 	install: 'Soup'