[Newbies] Squeak / Smalltalk classes

Amir Ansari fractallyte at csi.com
Mon Oct 11 18:45:03 UTC 2010

I learned Smalltalk from some of the books listed on Stef Ducasse's web page: http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html

I found the following particularly useful:

Smalltalk by Example, by Alex Sharp
Smalltalk With Style, by Edward Klimas, Suzanne Skublics and David A Thomas

And a great book for beginners:

Smalltalk, Objects, and Design, by Chamond Liu

This was also surprisingly useful (terse, but well structured):

On To Smalltalk, by Patrick Henry Winston

It's essential to get into coding as quickly as possible (work on a small project!); then the books are used mainly for reference instead of learning.

Amir