[Newbies] new browser doesn't color code for easy reading

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Fri Oct 15 12:09:10 UTC 2010

Hello Jonathan

Am 2010-10-15 um 06:02 schrieb Jonathan Wright:

> I just installed seaside to my squeak image.

Which way did you do it? And when?

> However, it seemed to
> have changed/upgraded my class browser.  I love some of the new
> features, like chasing variables for instance.

Yes, some Seaside tools depend on the OmniBrowser Framework,
and the OmniBrowser is installed as Default Browser subsequently to
the Install.

> But it seems to have
> taken away the feature of coloring the variables and methods for easier
> reading.  I looked around for a preference but couldn't find one to
> set it back. Is there a way to change this feature in the browser?

If you installed using Metacello or the "Installer" script (look
for either word in the Installation method you used), you can use the
Metacello-way _again_ since there was a small update lately which
corrected the loading of some packages and Shout, the syntax highlighter
(or code colouring, as you call it), should load correctly now.

Do It:

"Omnibrowser, including Refactoring engine"
Installer squeaksource
	project: 'MetacelloRepository';
	install: 'ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser'.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project lastVersion load: #( Dev ).

Note that lastVersion may refer to a non-release version (beta/development…), while latestVersion
would indicate the latest release version.

So Long,
	-Tobias