[Newbies] new browser doesn't color code for easy reading

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Oct 18 11:22:07 UTC 2010

Am 2010-10-16 um 01:24 schrieb Ralph Johnson:

> Smalltalk questions are extremely appropriate here.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project lastVersion load:  #( Dev )
>
> The  #( Dev ) in this context is a literal array that contains one element, the symbol #Dev.   I'm not sure why #Dev is the thing that the last version of the ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser project is supposed to load, but it is certainly a legal Smalltalk expression.

Hi,

In the configuration for Omnibrowser, there is a 'group of packages' defined,
identified by the symbol #Dev. It loads more packages, e.g. shout, than the group
#default that is loaded when you say
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project lastVersion load
. (it is semantically equivalent to
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project lastVersion load: #(default)

#load: expects an array of group symbols to be loaded.

So Long
	-Tobias