[Newbies] how to install (cyrillic) fonts on OSX?

Michal michal-list at auf.net
Wed Sep 29 06:06:17 UTC 2010

hi -

I must be missing something obvious: how do I import OSX fonts into
squeak (so that I can display eg. cyrillic text)?

I am running the latest trunk image, and have tried with and without
the "modified bitblt plugin" (at
ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com/experimental/BitBltPlugin.v1.0.0b1.FreeTypePlus.bundle.zip)
but the system fonts never show up in worldMenu > appearances > system fonts,
and I cannot find a way to import them so that they appear there.

Any hints?

Would there be any other image (etoys / pharo / etc) which is more
ready for international fonts? (cyrillic but also arabic, etc)? I am
currently using the latest trunk.

thanks,
Michal