[Newbies] (no subject)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Sep 29 10:42:50 UTC 2010

On 29.09.2010, at 12:03, jon jonsen wrote:

> Hello, this is the first time I use this site and I wonder where I can see the posted questions or a chat or something...

This is a mailing list. You get answers by email.

For this one I cc'ed you directly, to you should get it twice - once from the mail server, once directly.

> My question is about the method "perform: with:". One can write "2+3" as
> "2 perform:  #+ with: 3", where #+ becomes a object. Now I want to write another form of "2+3" where "perform: with:" is a object. I tried things like
>
> 2 perform:  #(perform: #+) with: 3
>
> 2 perform:  #(perform: #+ with) with: 3
>
> 2 perform:  #(#perform: #+ #with) with: 3.
>
> But all that is more like try and error and I dont have a idea how "perform " really works.

2 perform: #perform:with: with: #+ with: 3

where "#perform:with:" is the selector you want to perform and "#+" and "3" are the two arguments to it.

- Bert -