[Newbies] blender 3D

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 18:37:21 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 7:00 AM,  <chsmith at xmission.com> wrote:
> Hi great squeakers, is it possible to create in squeak an app like Blender
> 3d or is it better to stay with blenders system. I would like to organize a
> school in Brazil where we will be teaching programing. I want to teach
> around creation of a software app on a large scale that is why I like
> blender 3D. Let me know all your thoughts.
>
> Chuck Smith

Depending where you want to go with this, you can also dig deeper into
the underpinnings.  There is previous work on doing raytracing
directly in smalltalk:
Squeak Port: http://map.squeak.org/package/3993429e-7493-42a3-ab07-40b57d677117
Original VW announcement:
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/buck/blogView?showComments=true&entry=3243310836

No idea what the license is, but it does show that you can do what you
want in Smalltalk/Squeak.  It just takes time and effort (a lot of it
to rival Blender3d).

-Chris