[Newbies] Blender 3D

Gary Dunn garydunnhi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 20:31:56 UTC 2011

Where is your school located? I have spent years struggling to get my
education project to critical mass. Closest thing so far is OLPC but they
focus on younger children in third world countries. My idea is to reach
high school students to be self sufficient. They make their own slate
computers and run the school network. These days I see too much corporate
influence. Off the shelf tablets, commercial software. Little change --
improvement -- in teaching methods.

Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project
http://openslate.org

On Dec 14, 2011 4:58 AM, "David Corking" <lists at dcorking.com> wrote:

Chuck Smith wrote:

> We are starting a different school that runs by having the students
> create w...
This reminds me of the choice Victorian co-operators made to select
education as one of the key Rochdale Principles.

> We are using the advancement in energy to take it to the next level which
> will bring us to an o...
You are probably already aware that the Smalltalk community has been
heavily involved in programming education, for example:
Squeak Etoys
Scratch and Build Your Own Blocks
Alice (also built in Java)
Bots Inc (http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/botsinc)

Also, you may be interested in following these new UK-based communities:
http://codingforkids.org/
http://www.computingatschool.org.uk/

Hope that helps, David