[Newbies] How can I create a scripting tile in Etoys/Squeak

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Mon Feb 14 11:19:33 UTC 2011

Okay I partially figured this out and was able to add a scripting tile to my
own category.

In the class additionsToViewerCategoryFraction I added a "slot" using:

(slot st1 'The quantity of Steve parts' Number readWrite Player
getMajorTicks Player setMajorTicks:)

The part I was missing was I had to to Etoys-Scripting Player the
getMajorTicks and
setMajorTicks Methods.

I also found I can use command instead of slot.

Thanks,
Stephen