[Newbies] selectors for an array of classes

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Jul 3 16:47:09 UTC 2011

On 03.07.2011, at 18:35, Jonathan Wright wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to read the methods of several classes.  I am getting a
> messagenotunderstood for the following code:
>
> TempObject := #(OrderedCollection Integer).
> 	TempObject do: [ :iClass |
> 			iClass selectorsDo: [ :item |
> 				item.]].
>
> I can run a iClass name successfully.

Try iClass class, that should be enlightening ;)

>  But it doesn't seem to recognize iClass selectors.

The "name" message works on any (see Object>>name). iClass is not actually a class in your example.

Hint 1: #() creates a literal array.

Hint 2: Classes are not literals.

Hint 3: {} creates a non-literal array.

Nitpick: temps should have lowercase-names.

- Bert -