[Newbies] Getting information from broken image

Mateusz Grotek unoduetre at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Jun 2 10:12:17 UTC 2011

David T. Lewis pisze:
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 07:11:19AM +0200, Mateusz Grotek wrote:
>> Hi.
>> Is there a way to get data from broken image. I suppose I should split
>> my question in two:
>> 1. Is there a way to get source code from broken image?
>> 2. Is there a way to get objects from broken image and put it into
>> another one?
>
> Here are a couple of links that will help with your first question:
>
>   <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1nOqsSg8Ik>
>
>   <http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2168>
>
> Question 2 may be a little more difficult. Can you say how the image
> became broken?

The problem is old, and I've already solved it (I used become in the
wrong way). So the question is more theoretical. I donno how the image
is organized, but if it's like a filesystem maybe it would be possible
to create some tool to extract objects from it. I wondered if there is
such a tool. (I suppose the answer is no). Thanks.