[Newbies] Strange bug with Morphic

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Wed Mar 16 12:06:03 UTC 2011

Martin,

You wrote:

> But if you close the Transcript window, or if you remove a certain
> "Transcript show: '' . " statement in the FiveInARowGame>>performAI method,
> then mouse response will become less responsive in the game, and the
> 'Crosses'' turn.' tag will not update as it should any longer.

I tried your game in Squeak 4.1 (I know I am a little out of date. I
don't know which Squeak you used.)

I did not notice any change in responsiveness whenever I tried any of
your transcript related changes.

> the tag 'Crosses'' turn.' will change to
> 'Nought''s turn.' and back again

I never noticed this happen. ( Perhaps me machine is too fast, or eyes
too slow :D) but the turn notifier switching works fine when I step
through it with the debugger, with the transcript window closed.

Hope this helps,

David