[Newbies] Debugging - any hints, tutorials ?

recursive68 at gmail.com recursive68 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 21:05:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm having issues using the debugger when I am trying to debug errors when I
am using a third party API's. Typically, it's because I'm making errors when
trying to use a third party component. The debugger errors are usually
totally opaque to me, for example I'm getting this when using a
scripitilious component:

BlockClosure(Object)>>error:
BlockClosure>>numArgsError:
BlockClosure>>value:
SUTreeReportColumn>>render:on:
[] in [] in SUTreeReportColumn>>render:indent:on:
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WARenderCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WARenderCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
[] in WADivTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WARenderCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WARenderCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
WARenderCanvas(WACanvas)>>nest:
WADivTag(WABrush)>>with:
WADivTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
[] in SUTreeReportColumn>>render:indent:on:
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WARenderCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WARenderCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
[] in WADivTag(WATagBrush)>>with:

In the above I can't see anywhere which references a line in my code,
consequently I'm finding it hard to proceed.

Are there any tutorials or hints on how best to use the debugger ?

Thanks.