[Newbies] Re: Where's the source for Squeak By Example?

Rick cubsno1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 03:03:12 UTC 2011

David T. Lewis <lewis <at> mail.msen.com> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 08:35:51PM +0000, Rick H. wrote:
> > Hi.  Squeak by Example says to download the source code for the examples
at
> > http://www.squeaksource.com/SqueakByExample.html .   But when I go there I
get
> > a horrendous error to the effect that I don't have permission.  What's
going
> > on?
>
> Hi Rick,
>
> I just connected to www.squeaksource.com/SqueakByExample.html and had
> no problems. But the server for this is rather unreliable, so perhaps
> you were unlucky enough to try it when the server was down. Please
> give it another try and see if it works for you now.
>
> Dave

Oh oh.  I have bad news.  When I used my fiance's Macintosh, it worked fine.
I now have the .mcz files.  I mailed them to myself.

But I use my Windows 7 machine, it failed.  I cleared out my cookies; no
effect.  I believe it is a Windows-specific error.

I type in www.squeaksource.com.  The entry is automatically changed to:
http://www.squeaksource.com/@2AtXe8BsUyoSqs-i/rjnuZeQE
And I get error the error message:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /@2AtXe8BsUyoSqs-i/rjnuZeQE on this server.

-

Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.squeaksource.com Port 80

I hope that's enough information to allow somebody to debug it.

             Regards, Rick