[Newbies] Re: Canceling a PipeableOSProcess

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sat Nov 5 00:30:30 UTC 2011

David T. Lewis wrote:

> You can kill the external process with a unix signal like this:
>   p processProxy terminate.

Cool, thanks.

David T. Lewis wrote:

> However, in general, it is better to permit the external process to exit
> normally.

Better how? On the Unix side, or the Squeak side?

David T. Lewis wrote:

> Note that it is
> entirely possible to send the exact equivalent of ctrl-c (which is a
> unix SIGINT signal sent to the process)

I'll have to take a look. I was asking because I am calling Mac OS X's
hdiutil, which can take ~5-10 minutes to run, and sometimes I want to cancel
the op. I mentioned Ctrl-c specifically because I know it responds to it; on
the CLI, it gives a message about canceling before stopping.

Sean