[Newbies] Re: Confused about how to get everything set up

John McKeon p3anoman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 12:17:00 UTC 2011

Hello Matt,
If you want to use PostgreSQL it has the simplest route to DB connectivity
since there are *no* external libraries required. It's all TCP/IP from the
image to Postgres.

You can use Metacello with

Installer ss
 project: 'MetacelloRepository';
 install: 'ConfigurationOfPostgresV2'.

ConfigurationOfPostgresV2 load

(The reason you see Smalltalk at: Config.. in Sean's scrript is so that you
can select the whole script and "Do It". This way you DoIt the first part,
then the second).

Also note that the configuration will probably install Cryptography which
is needed if you have to use MD5 hashed passwords for access to the
Postgres server.

If not, you can use Monticello directly to just load the latest PosgresV2
package. But to do that you have to add the repository to Monticello
first....

John