[Newbies] smalltalk and squeak

James O'Brien obrienjs at comcast.net
Fri Nov 18 05:25:23 UTC 2011

I don't get the connection between smalltalk and squeak. For example, I
can code a counter with smalltalk in the workspace. When I do it a
functioning counter appears. When I close the workspace the calculator
still works, but what happens to the code? Where is it? If I open a
viewer of one of the buttons and change the button's color, what happens
to the code I started with? Where is it? How do I view it again?

I can also build a calculator with squeak as described at
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1827. But, again, where is the smalltalk code?